Listen more, talk less


* Side note: This post is merely self-reflection, but I guess the one lesson from this blog is listen to your gut/ intuition and the message it's carrying.  Some parts may not make sense, but it's just what's been on my mind for a while now and I really need to address it.  But really interpret it how you want. :-) *

I know I said I'd only post once, but from time to time something enters our subconscious and won't leave, sometimes it's important to recognise it and consider the 'message' behind it.  I've always firmly believed in gut instinct, intuition and dreams as a way for the subconscious to MAKE you recognise and learn a lesson. Some people take it on and learn straight away, some people have to be exposed NUMEROUS times to just GET IT.

I'm going to go backwards to the very beginning of this whole 'growth period' to when I rededicated myself to God.  I put my faith in God that I would follow the path I am destined to follow, learn lessons no matter how hard they were to learn.... do whatever I had to do to be the person I am destined to be.

I don't think I can even begin to list the things that happened, people I have met, situations I have been in where I've had to learn a lesson whether I've wanted to or not.  Sometimes I've had to experience the same situation or lesson over and over because I'd be stubborn or oblivious and just not follow through.  I have so many nights where I have such intense dreams that I have to find out what they mean.  The timing of each dream in relation to where I am in my life and the lesson I have to learn is just plain overwhelming at times.

But I continue to pray. I continue to recognise (sometimes not the first or tenth time). I continue to learn. I continue to grow.

I take every situation now for it's full value.  If it's a negative situation, I reflect on why I'm in this situation and what I need to do to learn for the better.  Experiences are lessons and messages as well.

Two nights ago, I had what felt like the most intense dream I've had in a long time.  I had a dream I was in labour. And I even felt it. Back and stomach cramping - I could visually experience the labour (and I mean the entire process).  I'd try waking up and going back to sleep.  But the dream just continued whether I wanted to or not.  I actually didn't even give birth to any child in the dream.... I only experienced the labour! I was also experiencing the most mind-blowing nausea I've ever experienced!

I actually spoke to my friend Kat about it the next day and she did mention a friend of her's gave birth to a little boy that afternoon, which was really cool. And initially thought maybe it was sympathy labour.  But then I had another dream last night where the underlying message was:

"LIsten more.... talk less. Think about your words carefully."

That quote just hasn't left my head.  Throughout everything today, the message of 'listen' has been very prominent!  After the day I had and the events surrounding it, I felt like I had to revisit the labour dream. So I looked up what it meant.... 


"To dream of giving birth or see someone else giving birth suggests that you are giving birth to a new idea or project. It also represents a new attitude, fresh beginnings or a major  event. Alternatively, the dream may be calling attention to your inner child and the potential for you to grow."

"To dream that you are laboring suggests that your goals will take a lot of hard work to accomplish. If you are a woman and dream that you are in labor indicates your desire to be pregnant and to start a family. To experience or feel pre-term labor pains or Braxton Hicks contractions in your dream indicate the anticipation of hard work ahead."

A bit of a reality check really.  I want to grow, I want to maintain and bring in a higher calabour of people in my life, but I need to recognise that I need to change my attitude to do that.  I need to think about my words and actions and how they hurt or impact others.  Sometimes I say too much and occasionally let something slip that I really should have just kept quiet.  I don't think before I speak.  That is one of my weak points that I need to address.  I think these recent events are God's way of telling me to watch my words and consider what's appropriate before I speak.  I have to learn this lesson or I am back to square one.  

I really don't want to go back there.

So listen to that voice in your head, listen to your instinct, listen to what's happening around you.  Sometimes it's tough to accept, sometimes you even ignore it.  But sometimes when you try to ignore it, it's because you're scared that you could be onto something.

Just recognise it, embrace it and learn!

Comments

Popular Posts