Life Lesson Groundhog Day

Have you ever (or know of anyone) who seems to go through a particular situation over and OVER and OVER and OVER..... like it's Groundhog Day.  Maybe you gone through this progression (or something similar):

First time: "Oh that's a shame! Now you know what not to do next time."
Second time: "Now did you learn something from this."
Third time: "When are you ever going to learn?"
Forth time: "It's like talking to a brick wall!"

Yep! Whether you choose to accept it or not, I'm sure at some stage in your life, you have gone through the dreaded life lesson groundhog day.  The big stuff up.... the second chance.... and rather than change your ways, you keep doing the same thing.  It's a vicious cycle.

Wouldn't be nice to just be able to learn that lesson, put it aside and move on? One less stress?

Honestly, the hardest part is to recognising the reason for stuffing up and taking the initiative to change!

I read this incredible quote by Cherie Carter Scott, and it really spoke to me about the mistakes I've made in my life:

"Lessons are repeated until they are learned.  A lesson will present to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go onto the next lesson."

I'm guilty of it in MANY areas of my life.  But I had a conscious decision that I didn't want those lessons to dominate my life anymore! So took these steps and they have helped enormously:

  • Take a deep breath and walk away from the situation for a moment.  Dummy spitting achieves nothing in the long run.
  • Stop and look at the situation from a different angle.  Why didn't it work? What went wrong? Am I making this out to be a lot bigger than it really is? 
  • Is it something small that can be fixed now to prevent a bigger problem later?
  • Seek advice from someone (or several people) with experience.  It's better to be 'smart' and ask questions then be the idiot who keeps losing out and unnecessarily stuffing up.
  • Do I seem to be following a pattern? Is it a pattern I need to alter or STOP ALTOGETHER??
You'd be amazed how quickly things pick up when you change your thinking and your approach.  You will have more opportunities to be victorious and be more mature and constructive when things don't quite go your way.

Don't ever give up..... be prepared to learn....be prepared to grow! 

Have a beautiful day!  


Comments

Popular Posts