The Proverbs 31 Woman

So I was redirected to a Bible verse this morning.  Well.... I have actually been redirected to it quite a number of times so I'm actually starting to adopt it as part of my self-growth scripture arsenal.  If you are unfamiliar with the Bible (which I think a few of you readers are), Proverbs is such a great self-growth section.  It addresses so many elements of Christian  character and you just feel so empowered when you read it.  All those elements are so doable, and yes, some are hard work..... but when you start to practice them, you begin to develop a sense of fullness and self-worth you really didn't know you had.  I remember a beautiful Music Teacher I work with directing me to that particular section when I first started my journey.   I am forever thankful to her!

Anyway.... the verse is from Proverbs 31:25-26....

"She is clothed with strength and dignity.  She can laugh at the days to come.  She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."

I can actually tell you countless times where I am always in some form referred back to this verse!  I feel so empowered EVERY time I read it.  I WANT to be that strong and dignified woman.  I WANT to see the bigger picture from a positive angle and without fear.  I WANT wisdom in all that I do and most of all, I WANT to teach my child those values as well as the value of kindness.

The Proverbs 31 woman knows:

Who she is
What she wants
How to work for it with honour
How to bounce back
How to see the bigger picture
The importance of having faith
How to use wisdom in all that she does
How to communicate with emotional maturity


I look at that verse constantly and ask myself..... am I a TRUE Proverbs 31 woman?  Do I truly display those traits? In some ways, yes..... but deep down I still struggle through some and know that in a sense I have a long way to go.  But life will present those opportunities for me to practice in it's various forms.   Like yesterday.  I've had an on-going personal issue with an individual and I thought the problem was solved and yesterday it re-presented itself in a different form.  It did hurt a little...... but this morning I was directed to this verse.

I am learning that although the situation is difficult and will probably always going to be there, it's my choice how it defines me.  It will keep presenting itself to me whether I want it or not.  It's up to me to learn to be honourable about it, see the bigger picture and have faith that I will heal in my own time.

I am also learning that I still have a lot of emotional immaturity and from time to time get frustrated with the bigger picture and want to walk away.  But I keep getting presented with opportunities that encourage me to stay straight on the right path.  And as I develop maturity and the wisdom to deal with situations, it gets easier.  So if you feel like it's tough right now to keep it together, but encouraged to see the bigger picture!

The more I read that and the more I journey through this time of reflection, the more I want to be and strive towards becoming this woman.  I want it so bad.  I want people to be drawn to my strong character..... not how I look or my insecurities.  I want to be empowered and empower...... be encouraged and encourage......

So really, take the time today to read that verse and ask yourself those questions.  You are such a beautiful and amazing masterpiece!  You deserve those traits.... so read, learn and practice!  I promise you won't be disappointed..... it will be the start of a journey that will turn you upside down, but will be so worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts