Life is like a game of Tetris
If you were a child of the 90's, you may have remembered a simple little video game called TETRIS. If you're not aware of the game, basically it involves being 'passed down' pieces and having to strategically place them in a pile of pieces to make straight lines. You can change the direction of the pieces to help them fit. But if you keep placing the pieces down incorrectly, then eventually the pathway is clogged up and GAME OVER.
I honestly think we have periods in our life where we feel like we're playing Tetris with everything that's going on. We have a plan set out, but then suddenly pieces start falling down our path and we have to make changes and adjustments to make them fit where they should. Here's life and circumstance in Tetris terms:
- Sometimes it's a simple as just delicately fitting a circumstance (or piece) straight into it's rightful place.
- Or times where you have to keep 'twisting and turning' aspects of your life until you find a way to make it fit.
- Or even those moments where you have to think on your feet and quickly find a way to MAKE it fit.
- And then there are those moments where it feels like lots of aspects of your life are moving really quickly and keeping up gets daunting and at times exhausting.
- And what about those occasional circumstances that you overlook, which could have the potential to impact the overall game significantly?
- Make sure you have your 'base' sorted.... that is know where your gaps are and how much room you have to work with. If your base is quite cluttered, then it's going to be really difficult to play the game properly.
- Be prepared to accept that 'twisting and turning' of circumstances is going to happen. Be prepared that there will be moments where you have to accept that you will not be given the pieces you want. Take the time to breathe, look at what you have to work with and find a way to make the pieces fit.
- Let those closest to you remind you of the pieces you might overlook from time to time. Sometimes it's those small pieces that are really important in the big picture. There's no shame in seeking help in finding ways to make those pieces fit.
- Even if you get the pieces wrong and the game ends, you have a chance to start over. Life is like that. You can mess up royally with what you have and throw yourself into turmoil. But remember it's never the end! You have a chance to reflect on where you went wrong and what you need to do to be successful when that second chance comes along.
Life is your game.... remember to keep persisting and embrace the challenges that come along. Without challenges and Tetris moments, you can't truly embrace change. But really isn't that what life is all about? Without challenge to change there is no progress!!!!
Enjoy your night!!!