New Beginnings!

So as you can see, Positive Soul Recharge has a NEW layout!  Still a little tweaking to do, but I am very happy to start.

With my life going through so much positive change, I felt it was time to give my blog a 'makeover' and new outlook. So I really wanted to give the focus of COLOUR, HAPPINESS, EMPOWERMENT AND RECHARGE.  I want people to read this and just feel all-round amazing within themselves.  Make them want to take on the world with excitement.  But I also from time to time want to take a more 'serious' path and provide love and encouragement to those who need direction. Today I just wanted to write a brief encouragement blog about mindset.  It might seem a little short and all over the place, but I'm sure you'll find some encouragement in the message.

I read this really simple, yet powerful quote yesterday (I even saved it as my iphone cover so I can keep reminding myself).  It reads:

"The person in life that you will always be with the most is YOURSELF.  Because even when you are with others, you are still with YOURSELF too! When you wake up in the morning, you are with yourself, laying in bed at night you are with yourself, walking down the street in the sunlight you are with yourself.  What kind of person do you want to walk down the street with?  What kind of person do you want to wake up in the morning with? What kind of person do you want to see at the end of the day before you fall asleep?  Because that person is yourself, and it's YOUR responsibility to be that person YOU want to BE WITH.  I know I want to spend my life with a person who knows how to let things go, who's not full of hate, who's able to smile and be carefree.  So that's who I want to be." (C. Joybell. C)

The truth is WE are our own worst enemy.  It's our mindset that kills us on the inside or stops us from reaching our full potential, not circumstance.  Sure circumstance CAN play a part..... but it's our own mind that DETERMINES how the circumstances play out in the long run.  Some of us in life get it all wrong: We let an amazing thought become captive because of circumstance, so in turn we allow the negative thought to roam free.  From there the negative thought manifests and works towards killing and destroying anything positive around it.  Some of us become so caught up in trying to find external factors or habits to 'mask the problem' rather than take the time to focus on the 'mindset' that's causing the problem to begin with! Ultimately it's YOU that has to make that change and only YOU.  Even through the wisdom of others, it's still you that has to take control!

So my encouragement for you today is to start reflecting about your mindset:


  • Start with writing 10 things you really love about yourself.  
  • If you struggle to think of 10, then start to consider reasons why you struggle to find 10.  
  • Pick one of those reasons and start to focus on it for a week through your habits.
  • If you happened to easily select 10, the look at what you wrote and the common ground that lies within your list.  Is there room for growth? 
I started recently doing this and I'm amazed as to how much more conscious I am of my habits and the steps I am now taking to release the negative ones in order to grow!  It's worth giving it a go..... you'll see a new and more amazing you come out of the other end of the entire experience!



Comments

Popular Posts