Messy mind.... messy heart......

Good morning!

Besides a small sinus/head cold that is taking a while to disappear (*insert Kleenex plug here*), I am feeling pretty good at the moment.  This time away to focus on my authentic self, my surrounding relationships and interests more closely has been really awesome..... I feel like I am thinking a lot clearer at the moment and generally enjoying each moment given to me at the moment.

If I could give you a clear visual of how my mindset has changed over the last two years, this is what you would get:

2 years ago....


1 year ago....

More recently....

Not quite here, but edging ever closer.....
                                                 












What a difference it makes when things are de-cluttered and organised!  It's easier to get around, maintain, note hazards and easier on the eyes! That's what my mind was (and admittedly still is to some degree) like.  My mind was cluttered with 'mess', toxic and unnecessary thoughts, confusion, no direction.  It was so hard to see things of importance because there was so much crap covering it!

But as I picked up all of the unnecessary thoughts, the positive and real thoughts started to become clearer.  I could start to make better sense of logic and how to walk my life in it.  I started to see past the toxicity of the garbage around me and started to think about cleaning it up.    The more I did it, the cleaner my mind and the environments and circumstances became.  Thoughts become easier to 'file' into priorities, warning signs become easier to recognise and the desire to improve starts to develop.

A big lesson I am starting to learn is that 'mind clutter' is a hindrance.  Holding onto hurt, guilt, anger and resentment does nothing but create unwanted clutter...... which eventually goes out of control and becomes the first picture!  I am enjoying the clarity I have where I am disciplining myself to put the thoughts that are not within my control to the back of my mind, releasing the negative thoughts and concentrating on what's important NOW!  It's not easy..... but nothing beautiful, true and worthwhile in this world is! It's a continual process that will happen for the rest of my life, how I approach it is my choice.  Do I want to maintain what I have or let go and become what I was?  I think the answer speaks for itself....

The other big lesson I am learning is the heart and mind work together in a beautiful marriage.  Sadly when one becomes ugly, the other follows suit.  So if my mind is cluttered, my heart is cluttered and eventually it starts to show on the outside.  Consider proverbs 4:23:

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." 

In saying this, I want to offer you encouragement today.  If you are feeling like your mind and life is 'cluttered', take the time to assess and look deeply into your thoughts and habits.  Keep a journal and document everything then read to pin-point.  Once you pin-point your habits, seek some help and wisdom from others and put your entire self into fixing it.  It will be totally worth it! 

Comments

Popular Posts