Renovating my Ever After

I can’t believe that in a couple of days I will be 34!

Thinking about what I have achieved up to this point, particularly in the last few years gets me excited.  Knowing I still have more to achieve and the potential beyond 34 gets me even more excited!

Right now though I feel a little challenged – but in a good way!  At this stage of the game I’m feeling the need to rethink further what I’m wired to believe my story is.  The older I get and the more I experience, the stronger desire I have to overlook the dating game completely and just focus my energy more than ever on creating an empowering life, not just for myself but Tayla as well.  I also want to continue to empower others to believe that anything in this world is possible with work, patience and teachability.  

The biggest part of my challenge is beginning to answer the question of ‘how can I make a bigger impact with the giftings I have and the desire to make a difference in the world?’ How can I show women that our own happily ever after can be more than just meeting their dashing Prince? How can I inspire others to believe they can be more if they are willing to do the work?  How can I make someone feel worthy, even if it’s for a short time? How can I reshape my potential to answer and action these questions?

Taking a backward step for a moment, you need to understand why I have made this decision about my love life.  It’s not me ‘sticking it to society’ or ‘being bitter’ or a prude, it’s me realising that I no longer have the energy to spend another day being hung out to dry by flakiness, vainness, men that want nothing more than meaningless texting without real human interaction and waking up to find vague texts that were sent late in the evening.  The thought of going on a date doesn’t even inspire me. It doesn’t even excite me.  It doesn’t even matter to me anymore.  I'm not bitter or angry or even resentful.  I can now open up my heart to do more.  I can’t even begin to list the things that excite me way more and in some cases well up tears in my eyes:
 
·      Being a mother to an amazing child in Tayla.
·      Working on shaping and moulding my child to grow up into a wonderful, intelligent, creative and incredible leader that will shape the world around her.
·      Being a daughter, sister, friend, motivator.
·      Inspiring others to change for the better.
·      Making someone smile.
·      Seeing others succeed.
·      One day continuing to travel the world once my HECs is paid off (USA Tayla and I are coming for you!)
·      Working on increasing my influence positively.
·      Working towards becoming a strong and exceptional leader.

I especially want to show Tayla through example that it’s ok to be picky and focus on creating a blessed life rather than be out searching for a man to complete her life.  I don’t want her to think that it’s her life’s work to just meet someone (who isn’t right for her) and simply become their shadow, letting go of incredible opportunities for her to use her gifts to change the world.  For the record this isn’t me blasting relationships.  I know lots of amazing people who are in relationships or married that are doing great things.  This is just me stating although there is value when you have meet your one, life shouldn’t be solely about that.  What gets you excited?  What gets you out of bed in the morning?  What makes you well up and your heart fill?  What makes your soul dance?  

Again, this is something that’s challenging me at the moment.  If I can challenge you on something, ask yourself these questions:  What gets you excited and makes your soul dance? What’s stopping you from going and doing it, even if it’s minute baby steps?  Like they say, there is no dress rehearsal, this is the big show and we don’t get a rerun.  So why not do the things that fill our heart and make you beam with love and pride?  


Enjoy your evening!

Comments

Popular Posts